Treehouse Animal Clinic’s COVID-19 Appointment Policy (as of 3/16/2020)
*BASED ON THE GUIDELINES FROM THE CDC, IF ANY EMPLOYEE OR CLIENT HAS A FEVER, COUGH OR SYMPTOMS OF ACUTE RESPIRATORY ILLNESS WILL BE REQUIRED TO STAY HOME FROM WORK OR RESCHEDULE THEIR PET’S APPOINTMENT UNTIL they are free of fever (100.4° F or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. Advil, cough suppressants).
- As of 3/16/2020, our lobby has been closed to all clients, vendors and solicitors
- We are not accepting drop-off appointments
- We are not accepting walk-ins that are not of medical necessity (i.e. nail trims, baths, some anal gland expression, etc)
- When you arrive to Treehouse’s parking lot, please call our office to start your appointment or transaction: (404) 355-7387
- Our receptionists will start your appointment/transaction over the phone by collecting information regarding why your pet is here. They will also:
- Ask you a series of screening questions relating to COVID-19 so that we are able to assist your pet while keeping our staff safe
- ask you for your cell phone number & what vehicle you are in. Our doctors will conduct the appointment over the phone as if you were in the exam room. *We do ask that you are able to answer your phone during this time
- request that you do not leave the parking lot, as we are not accepting “drop-off” appointments.
- advise you that when you see a technician waving at your car window from our side patio, to exit your car with your pet, maintain social distance, remove all leashes/collars/clothing while our technician puts a slip lead around your pet’s neck and takes your pet inside for their appointment. If you have a cat, please set the carrier down on our side patio and then return to your car. Our technician will pick up the carrier to bring your cat into the office to start their appointment.
- Your veterinarian +/- technician will call your provided cell phone number to start the appointment
- Your pet’s appointment will commence
- The doctor +/- technician will call you with final exam findings, medications, etc and then send your call to our receptionists to collect payment
- Once payment has been complete, we will ask that you exit your car to collect your pet + any food, medications, etc on the side patio.
We thank you for your patience while we navigate this new way of treating animals for our clinic. Some appointment times may be longer due to these new practice requirements. All of these extra steps will help us continue to serve our patients, as we are an essential business during our city’s stay-at-home order.
-All the staff @ Treehouse Animal Clinic